Colorful packaging, appetizing pictures, and nutrition claims hide the truth: unhealthy chemicals are lurking in many these seemingly harmless foods. Here are some tips to help you steer clear of hidden toxins that masquerade as safe products. Sodium nitrate accounts for their appetizing red hue, but this additive can also cause the formation of nitrosamines in your system, which can lead to cancer.
1. Stay away from processed meats
2. Stick to low-mercury fish
3. Reduce the amount of canned food
4. Cut back on meat and dairy products.
5. Skip the diet soda and artificial sweeteners.
6. Choose the farmed fish carefully.
7. Opt for organic chicken.
8. Only drink milk that says no rBGH
9. Avoid manufactured snacks.
10. Stay away from artificially-colored foods
11. Always buy organic produce.
12. Use stainless steel or cast iron cookware
13. Never microwave food
See full story on dailyhealthsolution.com
Image courtesy of dailyhealthsolution.com