Growing up in the sixties certainly had it’s advantages. My Mum and grandmother went out of their way to teach us girls beauty treatments from the kitchen. We learnt how to take care of our skin, our hair and how to make various concoctions from face masks, to hair oil to to skin improving techniques. Nowadays, people have no time for these ancient secrets and usually rely on their beauty salon or spa to solve their problems. In reality, it is very easy to make these things at home and get incredible results for a song.
Practically every person I meet suffers from hair loss. Is it stress, is it diet or just plain carelessness?
Hair loss can affect both men and women. While genes play a vital role, there are usually other reasons as well, including, hormonal imbalances, an under-active thyroid gland, nutritional deficiencies and insufficient blood circulation in the scalp. Hair loss is a mammoth problem that many people are suffering from. There are numerous kitchen remedies to solve this.
Here are some simple recipes for beautiful hair.
Coconut Oil Mask
Proper hair and scalp massage will increase blood flow to the hair follicles, condition the scalp, and enhance the strength of your hair’s roots. It will also promote relaxation and reduce feelings of stress.
You can use hair oils like coconut or almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, amla oil, or others. Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to the base oil for better and faster results. Other types of oil that you can use are emu oil, argan oil, and wheat germ oil.
- Massage any of the hair oils mentioned above onto your hair and scalp by applying light pressure with your fingertips.
- Do this at least once a week.
Yogurt, Honey & Olive Oil
Honey might not sound like something you want to put on your hair. It’s like the stickiest substance found in nature. But when you mix it with a little yogurt and olive oil, it’s an important component to helping get your hair back in shape.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup yogurt
Mix the ingredients well. Apply to damp hair, and allow to sit for 15-2o minutes. Rinse and wash your hair, and allow to dry as normal.
Banana & Honey Smoothie for Hair:
Banana and honey are the natural moisturizers, which can restore your dry hair. This hair mask works amazing when you continue applying it twice a week. The end result is definitely long lasting.
- Mashed Banana- 1
- Egg- 1
- Milk- 3tbsp
- Honey- 3tbsp
- Olive Oil- 5tbsp
- Take a bowl and mix well all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Make sure they are well combined until and now apply this mask to your hair.
- Leave for about 15 to 30 minutes and wash out with a very mild shampoo.
- This hair mask leaves your hair soft and moist until your next shower and works fine when applied twice a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a fabulous hair conditioner that can make your hair soft, shiny and moisturized. It also helps remove built-up residue that makes your hair look dull and lifeless. Plus, it can help treat dandruff, itchy scalp and frizzy hair.
- Mix together equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water. After shampooing, pour the mixture into your hair and massage it onto your scalp. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly with cold water.
- Alternatively, mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and the juice of one lemon in one cup of water. Use this mixture as a final hair rinse after shampooing.
Use these remedies only once a week.
For More Home Made Recipes For Beautiful Hair Attend My Class